Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday

It has been a long last couple days. I have been working pretty much non-stop. A BIG HUGE THANK YOU to Brooke who took care of Joshua today. She loved him up for me in my absence. :) I have a wonderful picture that I will post tomorrow. You can tell Joshua is super comfortable with her and that makes it all the easier to leave him. She is a fabulous nurse and lady. It has been a pleasure getting to know her.
Joshua had quite a few arrhythmia's yesterday. The thought is that his electrolytes...specifically his potassium was a little out of whack. He has not had any today. (Praise the Lord!) His fever is still up and down. His eye is looking a little better today. He was off of his O2 for a chunk of time today. Lisa put him back on for a bit tonight as he was teetering in the low 70's. He is just getting a whiff but it boosted his sats to the mid 80's. I don't think that he will need it all night. Dr Mazor was pretty impressed that he was on room air. We will see how it pans out through the night.
Joshua is supposed to go to the cath lab tomorrow. It is supposed to happen after 2 pm. Please pray that all goes well during the procedure and that he can be extibated right afterwards. I would hate to see him be restrained again now that he is moving around more and enjoying be held. I will post as soon as I can tomorrow after he is out so you can see how he is.
Thank you all for checking in.
Leah and Joshua

1 comment:

BBH said...

My prayers are with you and that wonderful little miracle of yours! Stay strong Joshua! You have so many people that love you! Cindy