Thursday, March 26, 2009

ok....where to start




I suppose I will start at the here and now and work back a little! :)

Joshua is currently in the cath lab. He is having another biopsy done to check for rejection. Dr Johnston will also take a look at his pressures and see if there is anything that he can do to his right PA and SVC (this would be the one hooked up to his angel heart). They are also......drum roll please.......going to REMOVE his chest tubes!!! HOORAY! :) I have every intention of putting him through the torture of actually getting dressed and wearing clothes. I am very excited about this. I am going to have to sneak out in the next day or two and actually do a little shopping for the boy. He has pretty much outgrown all of the clothes that I had previously picked up for him right before transplant. While I was looking for something for him to wear, I ran across something. When James and I brought him over here last May, we had to stop and get diapers because we ran out in the middle of the night before we got to the hospital. Knowing that we were coming here we tried to stretch them out as far as we could. We finally bucked up and I sent James to the store. He called and we bantered back and forth on what size we should get and how many. My reply was....duh....get the size he is in (ones at that time) and get the best deal you can. We are only going to be here for a month at the LONGEST! So last night out I pulled one of the tiniest little diapers EVER! I can't believe that he was in that size and I can't believe that somewhere I have a whole HUGE packet of the darn things. :) Sheesh....a month.....ya right, I say a year down the road!

Joshua has had a great week out on the floor! He has been playing and working hard at getting stronger and developing skills that he needs...like eating.....through his mouth. Everyday he takes a little more through the binky trainer than he did the day before. I am so so proud of him.

The effects of the meds is starting to be more prominent. His hair, or bad toupee, is falling out and he hardly has any hair left on top of his head. He is however developing a course blond little moustache. He eyebrows are coming in very thick and dark. Because they were fair and red before it is quite noticeable. They are mostly darker close to his nose so it looks like he is constantly scowling at you. Pair that with the teeth-bearing growl like smile and you can't help but laugh! His cheeks are also showing the effects of the steroids. Here is a perfect example....I dare you NOT to laugh.... :)

I need to run to the surgery center but I will add some more in a bit. Thanks for checking in on us!
Love, Leah and Joshua

5 comments:

The Hands said...

Thank you. I tried to call this morning. I woke up this morning and just had this hunch that he was having the cath/biopsy this morning. They wouldn't patch me through to the room and you didn't answer your cell. So...I had to wait. Hate that. Wow, he is getting those steroid cheeks. So glad to see pics of him up and liking it. It would be fun to be there and see him happy. Take care.
angie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I bet you are excited to go do some clothes shopping. I am so happy for you.
Lois

Anonymous said...

He looks sooo awesome! I'm sooo excited that he's doing so well. It'll be fun to see all his new skills he's developing.
Love you guys...stay strong :D
Jackie

BBH said...

I am so happy to see Joshua sitting up a little and making faces. Let me know what size clothes he is into these days...I'm sure a few friends in Montana would like to send some your way.(not that we would want to take the fun away from you).
Let me know if you need anything.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Leah, Looking forward to seeing him dressed in real clothes.
Lois