Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

I hope you all had a very wonderful Christmas. Ours was busy but wonderful.
The kids have been here for a week and I took vacation time from work so I haven't been on the computer much. Sorry for the lack of updates.
Joshua is doing pretty well. He was removed from the transplant list Wednesday and Thursday. He should be made active again today. He had IVIG on Tuesday and ran a really high fever of 103.5 for a couple days afterwards. They ran all tests on him again and he did not grow anything. His white blood cell count was never elevated so doubtful that it was an infection. (Which we are very thankful for.)
My parents and Matthew came here for Christmas. It was a very long drive for them because of the snow. They averaged about 35-40 miles an hour the whole drive. The kids were so great about waiting to open gifts until they got here. We had a wonderful dinner at the Ronald McDonald house on Christmas Eve. We were supposed to go an an Argossy Cruise but it was cancelled because the bus drivers refused to take us. WHAT A BUMMER!! We stayed at the house and it was great too. They decorated cookies and Santa came. He visited us downstairs while his helpers delivered gifts to our room. It was such a wonderful surprise. The kids LOVED it. We had a super brunch in the morning. It was at 8:30 am and I hardly call that brunch! An early morning person, I am not. We had a nice Christmas dinner at the house last night too.
I brought some gifts over to Joshua after we opened gifts and played at the house for a bit. He really enjoyed the wrapping paper. I will post some pictures of him later.
I hope that you all enjoyed the day with your friends and family celebrating the birth of our Father, Jesus Christ.
Blessings,
Leah and Family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Garrison Family!
I haven't been able to stop by your room and visit lately but I wanted you to know that I'm still thinking about you all and praying for you. I hope Santa was good to you!

All my love,
Nurse Brooke