Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Quick Update

Hey Friends,
Sorry....I do know that I am a total slacker! I have been really busy wrapping up my last week of work, being a mom and playing! Trevor was here this weekend. We went to the beach and played in the sand for a bit on Saturday. The weather was beautiful! Then at the last minute I ran to Aberdeen and picked up Trinity. Since Joshua is in the ICU with 24 hour care and sedated I thought it would be a good time to do it. PLUS, I REALLY really needed something to take my mind off all the stress. Having her here has been a real blessing. We are having a blast.
Joshua is now extubated. :-) HOORAY! He is perking up but still is having some issues. Dr Baden thinks that he has bronchitis, but Dr Law isn't sure. So we are still watching that closely. He still needs the CT scan but we are waiting for kidneys to be strong enough to handle the contrast. He had an echo today but I have not heard the results. Dr Law is hoping to see enough improvement that he can determine the level of rejection. He had another steroid burst for rejection. :-( It was only rated at 1.5 and they don't usually treat until it is rated a 2 but because he can't handle the anti-rejection meds right now because of his kidneys the best thing to do was to burst him with steroids again. He seems to be getting over his Rhinovirus. Andi told me that he has developed a rash like redness on his knees and elbows tonight. It is hot to the touch. She called Reid (the fellow) and he was going to come and scope it out. I have no idea what this is but hopefully they can figure it out. *sigh* Always something with this little man.
Dr Law plans on keeping him in the ICU for a couple more days at least. My Aunt Dorothy from Alaska is coming down tomorrow to spend a couple weeks with me. I am very grateful to have the help and the company.

2 comments:

mrsrubly said...

extubated! that's awesome. what a relief you received. going to the beach i am sure just releived you of you everything. i am happy that you got a chance to do that. your aunt coming? what a god send. i can only imagine (really i can't) what you are going through emotionally and mentally at this point. stil praying for Joshua that the lord takes over, guides the medical staff for some answers. god bless you josh..hang in there buddy. your a little fighter!

The Smith's said...

Hi Leah-

I wanted to introduce myself since I hear about your family through the Maddie's mom, Katie. We live in Puyallup and my son, Luke, has had both of his open heart surgeries at Children's. What an amazing hospital. I'm sure you would rather be home, but I am thankful he is getting such good care.

Just wanted to let you know that we are following Mr. Joshua's amazing story and also wanted to let you know if you ever needed anything, we are only 45 minutes away.

Take care and God bless!

Jesse