Monday, May 18, 2009

Update

Hit the floor and out the door!
That sounds like a nice little rhyme to sum things up! :)
Friday night Joshua was moved to the floor. He was perking up and they didn't feel like they needed to watch him so closely. Of course, I was pretty bummed because a few of the nurses that I REALLY wanted to see all worked the weekend and I just missed them. :(
I was in and out a lot on Friday. I still have Trinity and we have been really enjoying each other's company. I had to take my car to the shop in preparations to get her back to Shyla. (I used my mom's car to go get her.) Friday was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! I am especially grateful because I had to walk back from the shop and back there to get my car. It ended up to be a huge mess and delayed parts but it is now fixed. :-) On my way out the door to go pick up my truck I saw the message light on the room phone and figured I might as well check it before I left....I do think I was stalling! I was THRILLED to hear that they had tickets to go see a concert. I was even MORE THRILLED when I was the first one there and was able to get tickets. Aunt Dorothy, Trinity and I went and saw Kelly Pickler and Taylor Swift at the Key Arena! We had an awesome time and the concert was super!
Saturday I came in to see Joshua and Dr Kemna came in and looked at him and said he looked great and could go home early in the week. YIPPEE.
Joshua is feeling much better. I will post some pics soon. He is just cutting his other front tooth and officially now has a 'big boy smile'. The days of gummy grins are now over. :( He still has a touch of a cold but isn't coughing much anymore and has completely stopped puking!
They have decided that if he handles the changes made to his diuretics yesterday that he can go with me back to the Ronald McDonald House tomorrow! I am so excited.
I am a bit saddened that today is my last day at APS but I am excited as well. Tomorrow when I wake up I will not have the anxiety of having to get right to work. I can go at my pace in the morning and just enjoy the preparations of getting Joshua out of the hospital without worrying about work and juggling tasks. Beginning tomorrow, I will be starting a new chapter in my book of life.

3 comments:

The Smith's said...

Hi Leah- What great news to hear of Joshua's progress! I am going to be up at children's tomorrow as a good friend's son is getting his second cochlear implant there. I will try and find Joshua's room and say hello!

Enjoy the sunshine today!

Jesse

Katie said...

So glad to hear things are going much better!!!

Anonymous said...

Leah, I hope all is going well with Joshua. He is still being prayed for here.
Lois