Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday

Hello. I am just going to start by saying thank you to all of you who just recently posted comments. I got them (Mimi, Lois and Jamie) but I managed to reject them instead of accept them. UGH I am telling you....I am having one of those days.
Joshua! I seem to have not updated that he is OFF THE VENTILATOR! (I think it was Friday.) Dr Baden wanted to see what Joshua could do and let him just breathe on his own with oxygen. He made it one day. He was then placed on bi-pap. He has been doing really well from a respiratory stand point. He now has 3 - 3 hour breaks from the bi-pap and handles them perfectly well.
Sharon, from wound care, was just in and he is now sporting a 'Wound Vac' on his tummy. This should help heal the holes that developed in his abdomen from the tubes and infection.
He still has a large (very large) hematoma on his right side from the attempted chest tube. We are just watching that. I am sure that it is uncomfortable.
They are supposed to do an ECHO today to measure the clot in his left atrium. I will update on that when I hear something. We are just praying that it hangs on to the stitch and slowly disappears!
I have some pictures that I want to post and some other misc updates that I want to make sure that I have documented....mostly for me. I am sure that I won't get to it for a day or two.
I hope that you are all doing well. Thanks for checking in on us.
Leah

No comments: