Monday, February 2, 2009

Procedure

So the ultrasound showed a pretty large pleural effusion on the right side. It is estimated to be about 150 ml's. They are going to put in a pig tail drain on that side. It is going to be a little more risky placing this one the ones in the past because the ventilator that he is on is literally shaking him. By draining the fluid it should help his lungs have more room to expand. I am going to step out of the room and go eat while they are busy working on him. I will update in about an hour or so....please don't panic if I don't get right back to you.

1 comment:

The Simmons Family said...

We continue to pray for Mr. Joshua! Praying that the tube will get rid of the excess fluid around his lung... I never knew that could happen until Owen had his Glenn.

Hang in there Josh.. we don't want to see you on ecmo again friend. I'm glad you were able to get some rest... I'm the mom that rarely leaves his side as well.

PRayers from AZ.
Andrea
simmonsfamilyupdate.blogspot.com