Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Slacker mommy

Ok..I know that I have left you all hanging. I will probably run the updates over the next couple days...I don't know that I have enough energy for a post big enough to say all that I want to. :)

Joshua~He had a rigid bronch done on Friday and I swear that he is a new kid! It is AMAZING what having two working lungs can do for a person. He has lost almost all of the extra fluid that he had gained...as you can see from the photos the other day. He looks so good.
He has been awake more which you would think would make me happy but it doesn't really. He SOBS each time that he sees me. It is breaking my heart. He wants me to pick him up just about as bad as I want to scoop him up and love on him.
His overall health is pretty good. His vent settings are down a little and they have come down a little on the Ativan and Dilaudid also. He has some nasty wounds on his chest where the tubes were. They are packing them and hopefully they will heal sooner rather than later. They are really gross. He has a hemotoma on his right side from the attempts to get the last pigtail drain in. It is also really large and sore. In the scheme of things I see these as rather minor.
The bigger issue that Joshua is facing right now is a blood clot in his heart. It is from the LAV line that came out last week. There was some fibrin from the line when it pulled out but now I believe it has turned to a clot. It has been steadily growing larger the last few days. Dr Law asked for hematology to consult. I think they decided that they are going to start him on an aspirin regimen. I don't have a lot of clarification on that but I will let you know as soon as I do.

I also wanted to let you know that yesterday they performed their 4th heart transplant here this year! Daniel (Heather's son) received his 'angel' heart. Please be in prayer for him and his family. He has had some big struggles this year.
Thanks for checking on us!
Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so awesome to see pictures that show a much improved baby and a happy mom. We will be praying about that clot. Thanks so much for the update.

Lois