Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday June 26th

Thirteen months ago we brought Joshua over for a pre-glenn cath. I were expecting to stay 2 weeks, 4 at the most. I had no idea the path that our lives were going to go when we made that trip.
This last year has really been something else! I have developed relationships and made friends that I hope last the rest of our lives. I have been shaped as a person by the people that have touched my life this last year. I don't know how to thank all of the people that reached out to me and our family and supported us through the trials that we endured. I don't know how to thank the doctors, nurses and staff that took care of Joshua and even more importantly truly cared for him. I don't know how to thank all of you that follow Joshua and our family and offer your prayers and support. I feel completely blessed! Please know that I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart and pray that you lives will be enriched like you have enriched ours.
This year has also brought immense heartache. I have shed more tears than a person should in a life time. I have never been so scared that I would have to say goodbye to one of my children before I even really knew them. I have seen more parents and families leave the hospital with empty arms and broken hearts than I can even fathom.
I felt completely and totally blessed when Joshua was discharged and got to leave the hospital with my baby. There were days that I didn't think that would become a reality. Today I feel overwhelmed with joy as I get to tell you all that not only did I get to take my child and leave the hospital, I get to take my child and leave Seattle! Yes friends, we get to go HOME! HOME TO MONTANA! I am so excited to take him to the home that I know he doesn't remember but the place that he has always belonged, share him with family and dear friends who have met him but a time or two and introduce my miracle baby to the ones that he has never met. I am so grateful that this has become a reality! But I also admit that this is bittersweet. By going home I am leaving behind people that really mean a lot to me. I hope that we can continue to be friends even though there is distance between us. My hope is that Joshua will grow up and know that he had 2 families that loved him. The one that he was born into and the one that embraced him with open arms and showed him love when the other family had to be so far away.

We will be taking off for Montana (HOME) this weekend. I want to say that I am sorry that we are ducking out without saying goodbye to those of you here in Seattle. Please do not take this personally. I really REALLY want to but Joshua has been sick and I don't want to be spreading bugs! We will be back for appointments on the 22nd of July. We will be coming to Seattle for a whole week and will make our 'goodbye' rounds then.

I will continue to update the blog with Joshua's progress and the craziness that is our life!
Blessing and love to each of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD! I am so happy for you and your family.
Lois

BBH said...

What terrific news!!!! I have been out of town and come back to this! This is so exciting! I hope the journey home is a safe one. Hugs and kisses to you and your family. cindy

Jen, Paul and Gracie said...

Congratulations on going home!!! It has been a long road, and you both are the most amazing troopers. We are so happy for you. Best wishes and prayers to you as you get settled back in Montana.