Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday

Hey friends!
Sorry I haven't updated much. It has been really REALLY busy.
Joshua is in the IR right now getting his new G Button and his PICC line REMOVED! WHOO HOO! It was supposed to happen yesterday but we have been having some issues with residents and scheduling! UGH. But all is well he is in there now. :)
I am taking the CPR class tonight and we should do our 24 hour care tomorrow.
Dr Law asked me how Friday sounds.....to go to the house!!! It sounds pretty darn wonderful to me!! :-)
Joshua still isn't "perfect", we are having some issues with his heart rate and throwing up but we figure these are going to take a little longer to work out so there is no reason why we can't manage it from clinic.
Joshua has been chatting up a storm the last couple days. He has also hit the stage that younger babes to where they want to pull your hands (and face) down to their mouth to either taste or bite you! He thinks it is pretty fun stuff. I am SO excited to get him out of here and into an environment that is easier to play in. No more wires, monitors or hoses!
I think that the hardest thing for both of is going to be that for the first time in a whole year we will not be surrounded by the people that have become our friends. It will just be us. I am sure that we will both love coming in for clinic and seeing familiar faces.
I will update when he comes back from IR.

3 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

I am so thrilled for you!!!!

mrsrubly said...

this is wonderful! it will be so awesome to take care of Joshua w/out strings attached! good luck on your CPR class. i need one too~~
i hope the health issues will be ok.

Mimi said...

I was so pumped to see you and little Josh out for a walk yesterday. I am so sorry I was in my car! I would have loved to see you both.

I am so excited you are out of there!! What great news!