Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First one down

Joshua came out of surgery about 7:20 pm last night. It all went really well. He lost some blood and had to have another transfusion but all in all that is very minor and also expected. The stints are in place and he seems to be handling everything very well....I am sure the morphine has something to do with that! He is just laying there happily sucking on the tube in his mouth. There has been some conflicting info on how long they will continue to moniter his heart function before they decide to do the glenn procedure. I have heard anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. I will keep you posted through the process.

When I went in and prayed with him after his surgery he wriggled around and again when I said goodnight so I know that he can hear me. I will be working more and more over this week so James will be sitting up there with him a lot during the day. As that is good for them, it is a little hard on me that I can't be there the whole time. Please pray that I can stay focused to get my work done so that I can get right back up there to my baby. :) Thank you all for checking in and seeing how he is. It is very comforting to know that you are all there supporting and praying for us.

May you have a blessed day.

Leah and James