Monday, June 2, 2008

Long Day....but Good



Today was a rather long day but it was a good one. Joshua is doing very good. He was quite the mommy's the boy today, but that is what I asked for right?! He is at an age where he knows that this is not the place that he belongs. It is not familiar and he is not surrounded by the usual family. I try to sneak out when he is sleeping but he is quick to notice that I am gone and gives the nurses a hard time. So needless to say I spent most of the day just holding him and playing. Here is a little video that I recorded while we were playing. I was holding the camera myself so it is a little jumpy but I thought you would all like to see that he is doing well despite being in the hospital. We had fun just being us.... :)

Even though Joshua and I had a good day it was very hard emotionally. The small child next door to us had a really rough day. (to put it mildly) There was quite the scare and they spent several hours trying to save the child's life. The mother was a spanish speaking gal that was sitting in front of our room while they were we doing life saving measures in the next room on her small child. It was absolutely heart wrenching and there was nothing that I could do or say to comfort her . It was very difficult for me. I sat there and prayed for her and her child but I still felt kind of defeated. They were successful in stabilizing the child but it still seems pretty grim. It is a very harsh reality of life in the CICU. :-(

We find out in the morning what will happen in terms of the surgery and I will post as soon as I find out. I need to wrap this up and get some sleep. ok this always seems to happen to me....I can't get the video to work....I will load tomorrow.

Leah
I will load the video in WEBSHOTS. I will try and hook up a link.