Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tuesday


Today was a good day. Joshua continues to get better and better!~:) It is so nice to see him open his eyes every now and then and acknowledge that I am there. He had a couple BIG smiles for me yesterday. It was VERY nice and comforting for me to see. The fellow today told me that they will talk to the surgeons tomorrow and see if they can't pin down a date for the glenn surgery. They feel (from the ICU standpoint) that his lungs are healthy enough to go onto the bypass machine. He said that the surgeons could say this week, next week, next month..... really it is up to them. It appears that he has certainly outgrown his sano shunt and the procedure should happen soon.

The liquid that they pulled out of his chest appears to be chyle and not puss. They pulled out 70 cc's but it seems to have stopped. It is all rather puzzling to them right now and they don't have answers for me. It is basically a trial and error kind of thing. I will keep you posted as I find out more.

He is going to radiology tomorrow to have a picc line placed. I think that will probably be all that happens. He looks so much better then he did and I will get you all a new picture. This is a couple days old but he is still sporting all the same accessories. :)

On the home front: Mom made it home safely. Wednesday Trevor will "graduate" from kindergarten. (I am blessed to have a very special friend who will be going to the graduation and recording it for me! THANK YOU JACKIE!! :) )

I hope you all have a super day!

Blessings,

Leah