Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday Afternoon

Hello! I know that I didn't post yesterday. :( Sorry.
Joshua is doing super well. The hope is that he will be extibated tomorrow! YEAH!!~:-)
They dropped his Dopamine to 2.8 but still haven't turned it off completely. I am hoping to catch Dr Jeffries today to see what the deal is with that and his ECHO from yesterday. I still don't have all the results. I heard it was good....but I like specifics. His arterial line is just about to stop working and the only reason that it is really in is because he is still on the Dopamine and they want to be able to have a continuous and accurate blood pressure. BUT when the darn thing comes OUT I can HOLD HIM!! :) It has been almost a month since I have been able to hold him in my arms....way too long in my opinion! So I am really looking forward to those changes. The bad thing about loosing the arterial line is that he will have to be poked twice a week for blood draws. I say that being able to be cuddled by mom trumps getting poked! And since he can't speak to say other wise....I win. :) He has been awake a lot the last few days. You can see his little personality peeking out through the drugs. Much better than just watching him lay there.
All in all things are going well. Natalie had her "Glenn" yesterday and seems to be doing very well. I had dinner with her parents last night. It was very nice to share a meal and a prayer. Thanks Tim and Angie.
My friend Cindy from work will be up here to spend some time with us tomorrow. I am really looking forward to that.
I will update more as the info comes available.
Love~Leah and Joshua