Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday

Hello family and friends,
I just wanted to send out an update on our little Joshua. He is still on the ventilator, morphine, sedatives and paralyzers. Probably will remain on them for awhile. They inserted a small drain tube today hoping to get some of the fluid off his lungs. He also received more blood in hopes that it will help his oxygen saturation. His sats are still really low. They did a swab and blood sample today and sent it to the lab. The swab came back in less than 2 hours (which is very fast) positive for bacteria. They are thinking maybe pneumonia. Please pray that they are able to narrow down the best medicine to clear up this infection and that Joshua's body (and heart) will remain strong enough to kick the infection. I think that the infections scare me more than the bad heart! On a positive note, the echo from yesterday showed that his heart function is improving. The dr tonight said that he is probably ready to have his glenn procedure, just a matter of when. They will not put him on the heart-lung bypass machine until his lungs are healthy. Oh how closely out hearts and lungs work together. :)
James made it home safely and the kids were happy to see him. My mom and dad also made it here. My mom will travel back to Missoula on Tuesday and my dad will stay here until next weekend. As long as the other kids are healthy, my mom will bring them all up here to see me next weekend when she picks up my dad. (Please pray for their health also, I would really like to spend some time with them. Helps curb the home sickness! :) ) The house that I am in has very few kids, and you all know how much I prefer the noise and chaos!! If all goes as planned my Aunt Theresa (my moms sister) will come up also and spend the week with me after my dad goes home.
Please continue to pray for Yvette. (That is the little girl next to Joshua.) She was rushed into another emergency surgery yesterday. Please lift her parents up in prayer as they are having a very hard time and are very sad. May the good Lord comfort them in this emotional time.
Hope you all have a very Blessed day!
Leah