Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday

Can you believe that yesterday was exactly 6 months since Joshua underwent his first lifesaving surgery! I was very excited to share his half birthday with him on the 4th of July but that is something that we do with all our babies. Not many have such a big milestone to celebrate! I am humbled at the thought that without that happening our precious little son wouldn't be here with us today. A very emotional thought.
So, how is our little miracle? Today has been a great day! :) When I got here he was very happy to see me and wanted kisses!! WHOO HOO It was awesome. He was looking at me smiling and reaching at me with his little mouth wide open just like a bird. I have been telling him that he owes me a 150 to make up for all the time when he was on the vent and I couldn't get kisses from him. Today he repaid me....several times. It was so nice to have him back to semi normal. He has been playing with his toys and just generally enjoying his awake time. He also has been flirting with his nurse. She is also has very dark hair. I am telling you my prediction is that he will be attracted to the dark haired girls!! Not that he hasn't had smiles to share with the lighter hair colored gals. :)
He had an echo today and we are still waiting on the results. They are increasing his caloric intake because he is not fattening up as well and as fast as they would like. He hasn't really gained any weight in the last 10 days or so. They upped his Captopril to 1.5 today. They just started it back a couple days ago. A little wean on the Ativan but not a whole lot. He spiked another fever this morning so they are keeping a watchful eye but no ideas as to what is causing it. He physically looks much better than he has in weeks.
My family will be heading this way soon. I am so excited to see them. Please pray for safe travel for them.
Enjoy your weekend and make sure to take time to thank the Lord for all that He allows us to experience.
Love and Blessings,
Leah and Joshua

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving you from Alaska.... any chance he thinks of me when he is looking at the dark haired nurses.... I could only be sooooo proud...

love auntie in Alaska

BBH said...

I am so happy that Joshua was feeling so much better and that you were able to catch up on some kisses :0) Josh is such a strong little guy and I am blessed for knowing him and his family. Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Mommy and Joshy!!!!
I want you guys to know that i miss you and love you both very much and i hope everything is going good! i cant wait to see you guys!! hope you get to come home soon!!!
Love you guys with all my heart

love Shyla
p.s. remember joshy when you get home we have a date!!! LOTS of loves from your big sis!!

Anonymous said...

He is SOOO CUTE! Get all the kisses you can! You are all so incredibly blessed - and I am so glad Joshua is doing better.
~Alison from APS :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Joshua, this is your Great Aunt Darliss, you are so precious and loved so much. I hope all goes well for you and you get to come home soon. I think about you alot and did not know I could see you and watch how your progress is going. This site is wonderful for friends and family that can not make it over there to see you. Leah I hope all is well for you, thank you for being so strong and being the best part of Joshua's life. My prayers are always with you and Joshua and will always be a part of my every day routine. Give Joshua a Hug and Kiss for me and I want you to know how much I Love you both. Your Loving Aunt Darliss