Sunday, July 6, 2008

Saturday Night....YIKES

I see that my last post was Tuesday! Sorry.....I didn't realize that it has been that long. I have been in a little funk. Lots of things have been going in lately.
I bet you are all wondering how the little man is fairing, aren't you?
Well, I can say as of this moment, very darn good!
He has had some ups and downs since Tuesday but no major setbacks. He just felt icky again. Dr Baden came in and talked to me on Friday. He just said that Joshua has hit a plateau and until he gets a little better or a little worse, we are just going to have to hang out. He assured me that we would not be rushed out to the floor. Dr Baden wants to keep a close eye on him. I am TOTALLY ok with that. :) Today he is better than he has been all week. His sats have been hard to keep under 85-90 with the oxygen from the cannula and the cpap. He is still getting tired breathing so taking him off completely is not an option. He was off for about 6 hours today and did just fine but we put him back on for the night so he could get a good rest. He hasn't been too bothered by the cannula's. Tim, his RT the last few nights, has really been able to get that thing on him and not upset him!! That is talent. Words that I hear when other RT's have tried to get the mask on are strong, difficult and temperamental. :)
So, I have been referring to Joshua as my yo-yo son. This week we have dealt with a myriad of issues; racing heart, low sats, spiked fever, low blood pressure, high blood pressure, lots of urpiness (if that isn't a word....it should be), gas, constipation, little urination, very wet lungs, some withdrawal symptoms, back in a wedge (which he doesn't like)....I think that about sums it up. Tonight, he is doing spectacular and may even come out about even on his fluids!
On the plus side we have spent several hours cuddling. I hold him and he just sleeps....probably some of his best rest.
They are going to talk about him at conference on Monday. Hopefully, we will get some sort of plan.
I will get better about posting, I promise!


No comments: