Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday~Short Update

Just a quick note to let you all know that we are hanging in there. No major updates this week. Joshua is acting happier and is more playful each day. He is quite the flirter and has many nurses who think he is just the cutest.
I spent a lot of time with Infectious Disease and the cardiologist here at the hospital. We talked about many scary things but the search continues to see what is causing the fevers. I will spend more time talking about this when I post this weekend from my personal computer and put those pics up that I have been talking about. :)
James, Trevor and I snuck out yesterday for a bit and took in the Science Museum. It was nice to get away from the hospital for a bit. I love having them here but wish I could spend more time with them and Joshua at the same time. Trevor just can't find it in himself to sit at the hospital....which we totally understand. James doesn't particularly like it either.
The Children's Hospital lost a fabulous nurse at the end of her shift today. She is going back to Philly to be close to her family. Kristina~ I want to thank you for the being such an awesome nurse and lady!! :) I really enjoyed chatting with you and the care and attention that you provide to your kiddo's and families is a real blessing. Thank you for celebrating Joshua's 1/2 birthday with us (also recognized as the Fourth of July). You made it a lot easier to be away from family on that holiday. Take care and please keep in touch. Get to working on those bibs! :)
Love,
Leah and Joshua

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have been home since wednesday and it feels like a lifetime being away from you guys. I love you more! Mom