Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday~ Yep, day 62

Hey out there,
Just wanted to drop a quick line to say hello and let you all know that Joshua is doing rather well today. His eye is again all gunked up and swollen.....but all things considered....that is pretty minor. They started him on some drops for that.
They stopped the Lasix drip today. They are now giving him regular IV doses. They weaned the Dilaudid again today. Dr Mazor is on this week and said that he will continue to wean this one until he can get it low enough to start giving him an oral dose. He also talked about getting us ready to go to the floor. I have mixed feeling about that since we don't really know what is wrong with him in terms of fever....and there is still no plan. But I suppose we can't sit up here forever. He assured me that it would not be until after the cath later this week.
Trevor told my mom today that Joshua just needs a "heart plant so he can just get himself a new one and come home." Now if it was just that easy! :) He also said that he was packing a bag, walking to the airport, getting on a plane and flying to Seattle. Then he was going to take a taxi and have it drop him off at the Ronald McDonald house. He would be here tomorrow or in 300 days. LOL :) Oh, I love him. :)
I also think that I forgot to share a BIG MOMENT with you all. Before I took James and Trevor to the airport on Sunday we were up here playing with Joshua. Trevor was entertaining him with all his toys. He started showing him Lurkey Turkey and "gobbling". Then he grabbed Joshua's binky and told him that his binky said "gobble gobble". Joshua started ROLLING. He was laughing so hard. It was AWESOME. I, of course just sat there holding him and sobbing. It was the best laugh ever! (Now I must document that it was not his first laugh. Just the 1st laugh I heard. Our friend Brooke S. had him laughing the other evening when she came in to play with him after her shift. I had to ask he was he really laughing....she said yes. :) I tried not to kick her in the knee.....just kidding!) Speaking of Brooke....tomorrow is her birthday and she has put in a request to take care of Joshua. So if she gets her way, than he is officially a birthday gift. It is so funny to see all the nurses banter over who is going to take care of him. And no matter who gets him they all come in to see him. The nurses who haven't had him....which is rare....are always warned that he gets MANY visitors. I feel blessed to have so many people to love my baby. That includes all of you who follow up on him and pray for him! Thank you.
Dad update: He saw the surgeon for preop today. He will be having his eye removed on the 4th of August. Please pray that all goes smoothly and that the cancer is gone gone GONE! He spirit remains high through all of this. He is a strong man in his faith and I think that makes all the difference. He is also lucky to have such a wonderful woman by his side. (She even let him have ice cream cake on my brothers birthday..... :) ) I love you both!
Let's see~I can't think of any other great news at the moment.

Love,
Leah

No comments: