Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday~After Cath

Just a quick note to let you know that Joshua is back from his cath. He is looking great but is pretty tired. He is quite the charmer and made a few more friends while he was over there. (When they first took him to the cath lab I walked with him and many people asked where we were going....thinking possibly the floor. The anesthesiologist made a comment that you have been here too long when that many people inquire where the patient is headed.) :) One of the anesthesiologists came back and said that he did really well except "he turns VERY purple when you piss him off". LOL Evidently he wasn't very impressed with them when the y tried to wake him up from his "nap". Joshua is a boy of many colors....literally.
Dr Johnston came in and said that he thought everything looked good. He had decent pressures and the leaking around his valve did not appear as bad as it was before. His PA's are growing. They are bigger than his shunt which measures in close to 6 mm. He will need to come back to Seattle to have his stints enlarged when he reaches 22 pounds. I would like to think that we will have to come back. He is growing fast so I suppose we could still be here, but I like to think that it will be another trip out here.
All in all it sounds positive. They will review him in conference again on Monday and someone will come and talk to me. I want a PLAN! I am starting to get rather impatient and emotional. Being away from everyone is starting to wear on me. (Although it could just very well be the long work hours....I think I need sleep.)
I have some more pics to post this weekend. I am hoping to get them up tonight when I get back to the house.
I hope this finds you all well. Enjoy your weekend and tell your kids how much they mean to you.
Love~ Leah and Joshua

No comments: