Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Day 82

HE IS OFF THE VENT!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!
They extibated him about an hour ago. He is doing great! He is satting 80+%, heart rate in the 150's, bmp 33-37 and he does have a mild low grade temp. All in all I think he is doing very well. He is sleeping soundly, as he has for several days. I have asked them to wean the Ativan a little more so that he won't be totally snowed.
Dr Mazor is the attending on shift. He is still very worried about the regurge in his valve. He said that he is still going to be very watchful over him until he feels confident that he can go to the floor. When quizzed about how long he thinks we need to stay in the hospital he said it would be good to be home before Christmas. It was very unclear to me as to whether he was joking or not. I didn't have the heart to ask.
James and Trevor made it home safely last night. Trevor was a little freaked out on this flight. He said "it was bumpy and the plane kept dropping out of the air." :-) James said it was fine.
Love and blessings,
Leah and Joshua

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Joshua and Momma, I am glad to hear thing are progressing to the better. My Love and Prayers are with you both. I pray that Joshua starts to heal and feel better. Lea I pray you have the strength and mentality to deal with all that has gone on. Everything will be just fine. Joshua you are a tuff little guy, runs in the family you know. We Love and Miss you very much and can not wait to see you both in person. You take care and get better soon. Love You and God Bless, Your Aunt Darliss