Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday

Hello,
Just a quick little message to let you know that Joshua is doing ok. He continues to spike fevers. They are pretty sure they are just related to heart failure. He has been really urpy today. When I got to the hospital today, I was a little worried. He was not looking too good. I think they pulled too much fluid from him. He reminded me of a wrinkly old man, not the robust, round chunky baby I am used to. I could even see his neck.....didn't know he even had one!! =)
His sats are good, still in the 80's. He is not having any issues breathing but he continues to cough up a lot of yuck. His heart rate was a little higher today. More in the 160's - 170's. He was even in the 180's today when his fever spiked. He hit 39.3 and we pulled out cold cloths. He came down quick so we didn't need to bring out the ice packs. I have a few pics that I will try and get up later this week.
I can't believe that summer is already coming to an end. Trevor will be starting school soon. Can't believe that I have been here from the last day of school to the first. NUTS. I am sure that he will do well, and I just keep thinking I have many more first days of school to experience with all the kids. I am trying to get the girls up here for a bit. I miss them both BUNCHES! I have only seen Shyla once this summer and I haven't seen TD since we left in May. I hate having my family spread all over, but I know that we are all strong enough to make it through this. We all just want Joshua to be all right. Please pray that he continues to heal and that the Dr's will have some direction as to his care. Also please pray for our family as we continue to struggle through this journey and that we can all find peace and the strength to ask for help when we need it.
Leah, for the Garrisons

No comments: