Sunday, November 9, 2008

Little Pearly White

Joshua has a tooth!! His bottom right tooth has broken the skin. He has been so cranky all week. I am sure that this explains much of this. He has a red chaffing chin and cheeks, low grade temp and a bad temper. The bottom left one is right at the edge of coming through. It is so hard to believe that he is getting teeth. He has never tasted anything other than formula just a couple times and medicines. I can't wait until he can start to experiment with some other flavors and textures. His heart rate is back down to the 130's when he is sleeping. He hasn't needed as much O2 the last day or so either. He is satting in the 70's on 2/3 of a liter. Much better then the 2 liters and blow-by that he required early this week just to stay in the low 70's.
We are back on the floor now too. Room 4004. I miss the other cluster but it is nice to be out of the ICU. I enjoyed getting to see everyone up there again but I can "hide" more on the floor. When you are in the ICU you are more in tuned to what is happening around you. You can hear and identify different tones from other rooms. On the floor you can shut the door and you only have the sounds of your room.
My mom, James' mom and the girls went back to Montana today. They just called to tell me that they made it. I am SO thankful for the time that they have spent here.
Grandpa Ray~ thank you for letting mom come up here. I know that it was a sacrifice and I know that you really missed her. You have NO idea how much I appreciate it!
Grandma Betty~Thank you for coming and allowing the girls to be here as long as they were. Having at least part of the family here made it so much better!
Mom~Thanks for coming up here for the week. It went too fast. I miss you like crazy. Thanks for helping transport the kids.
Shyla May~ I miss you already. You are a daughter to be proud of. I love you. You better call me everyday.
TD~ I love you and high five for listening to your mommy. :)
Theresa~ Thanks for spending your vacation here so that Trevor could come up and see me for a while.
Trevor is still here with me this week. :)
I hope that you all have a nice week.
Blessings,
Leah and Joshua

No comments: