Thursday, November 20, 2008

Missoula

I will be going to Missoula in the next hour or so. I really feel that my other kiddo's need mommy right now. My two sisters, thanks to marriage, will also be going to Missoula. We are all meeting here at the hospital and will caravan home together. I am not sure at this point how long I will be in Missoula. My dad is going to come out to Seattle tomorrow to be with Joshua in my place. I find peace knowing that someone will be with him.
Betty is out of surgery. The surgeon said he felt it went well. They are concerned and are now dealing with hemorrhaging. She will be in the hospital for a while to monitor to her and make sure that her brain recovers. I don't know a lot of the details right now. Please keep my father in law Ray in your prayers. I am sure that he is scared and hurting.
Joshua is still continuing to run fevers. We are now out of isolation as the cultures were negative. He is just feeling a little crummy. Please pray that he gets healthy and strong as each day passes. Oh, we are also having a GI consult done to see if there is a reason for the vomiting....that seems to never stop! Hopefully we will learn something. I think it is common for kids in heart failure to have a lot of vomiting. They are adjusting his milrinone by weight. The dosing rate he is on now is 8.7 kilos and he is 9.4 now. If they feel the need to increase it anymore than just for weight then he will make a trip to the the NICU. We shall see what they choose.
Leah

No comments: