Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ugh...it has been one of those days.

So....here we are. Still in the CICU. We no longer have a room on the floor. Evidently we were moved out. I would have LOVED for someone to call me so that I could have gotten all my things out. But they didn't. Now, I am chasing people down to make sure that I have all my stuff. UGH.
Joshua hasn't had a very good day. His heart rate has been pretty high all day. Mostly in the 180's. He is pretty dehydrated and is waiting for a blood transfusion. He lost a lot of blood in surgery today so that made the need that much greater. They had weaned him from the Propanalol (which was started to reduce his heart rate). I guess he really liked it. Now they have started him on Esmolol. It pretty much does the same thing but it is an IV med. So....here are we are. Residents again of the CICU. He can not go to the floor while he is on Esmolol.
It has been very busy here today. While Joshua was not critical there has been a lot of traffic in and out trying to trouble shoot and come up with the best plan.
So a recap. He had a fever this morning. I think he is feeling yucky...I don't really think he has an infection. He got a new PICC line this morning. Neither lumen draws and it was not sutured to his skin. :-( His PIV that he was supposed to be getting his Milrinone through blew out. His heart rate was way too high, blood pressure was too low, iron and potassium need some tweaking, still waiting on the blood transfusion....I think that about sums it up. *sigh*
So, the upside Les was his nurse today and Nicole was in here helping out most of the day. :)
I am EXHAUSTED and NEED to get some work done.
Leah

No comments: