Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh the "talk" has started!!

Joshua's biopsy results came back. He is NOT in rejection!! PRAISE THE LORD!! I can't tell you how happy I was to hear those words today. He also had an echo, x-ray and an EKG today. The echo score, was 0-1!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! The lower the better. They are going to redo it on Monday just to make sure that it is not a 2-3. That still isn't too bad. They just don't want to think that if it changed to a 3-4 that he was in rejection because of an 'off' number. The last #'s that I heard was during the rejection bout. They ranged from 5-12. I think 12 is the worst it can be....but don't hold me to that.

He has been working so hard. Today he ate 2 bottles. One this morning when he took a WHOPPING 25 cc's and this afternoon when he took another 20. This may not seem like a lot but to a little guy who has NEVER bottle fed, this is a BIG deal. :) We think that we are going to go the tippy cup on Monday because he isn't very patient at getting out of the nipple and seems to be swallowing ok.

They are giving him a little 50 cc bolus of fluid right now. The thought is that maybe he is a little dry. He has been cranky and gaggy today. Not really running a fever but not 100%. He has been playful and chatty through the day too so I don't think he is sick.

We got down on the floor on the mat today and played with toys for about an hour. He was pretty exhausted afterwards but we did have fun. He is getting to the point that he really likes banging his toys together and against the crib to make as much noise as possible. I LOVE IT!

And for the record....today he wore big boy clothes!

Trevor and my dad will be here tomorrow. I am so excited! It is Trevor's spring break and I have been planning some special things to do. It is very hard for me to leave Joshua at the hospital but as Dr Kemna reiterated to me today....it is ok to go out and have fun. Trevor needs his mommy too! Thanks Dr Kemna....now I can do it guilt free (almost) Dr's orders. :)

I have scheduled a whale watching tour for Sunday and plan on taking him to see "Monsters vs Aliens" and maybe the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. FUN FUN FUN.

Ok....so I am sure by now you have to be wondering why I mentioned the "talk"?? RIGHT?? Rumor has it around here that if he continues to do as well as he has been doing that not next week, but the week after we can start to talk about going to the Ronald McDonald House!! WHOOOHOOOO. Pharmacy will start with my training next week and I will start to plan with the coordinators a little more. Please continue to pray that Joshua does well. We will be the RMcD House about 6 weeks or so and then we are HOMEWARD BOUND!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah, I am sitting here crying happy tears. Praise the Lord for answered prayer. My hubby is sitting here too just so happy for you. This is just awesome.
Earlier today I went back to day one and started retracing your journey to Childrens. At that time you thought a month, Oh my gosh! It is all worth it though.
Thankyou for keeping this blog going. What a blessing and a privledge to pray for Joshua.

Lois

Anonymous said...

OMG Leah I am soooo excited for you, Joshua and Trevor!!! You guys have worked so long and hard for this...I pray everything goes as planned so you guys can be home.....YEAH! Good work...and Dr is right...Mom needs to recoupe and bonding time with Trevor
LOVE YOU!!!!
Jackie

BBH said...

I am so thankful to hear that Joshua is NOT in rejection!!!! This is exciting news!
Leah, You must be beside yourself with joy of the thought of the little guy coming to "the house" with you! All my prayers are being sent your way with hopes that this comes true for you! Give Trevor and your dad big hugs and have a blast while they are with you :0)
Thinking of you always,
Cindy