Thursday, May 8, 2008

It has been scheduled...

We will be heading to Seattle in just a couple weeks! I knew that it was coming but I am overwhelmed with emotions now that I have an actual date.

We will be going over on Wednesday May 21st. He will have all his pre-op appointments and we will consult with the surgeon on Thursday. After the basic appts he will have a cardiac cath done to look at the inside of his heart and will check right into the hospital. His surgery is scheduled for Friday the 23rd.

So, please pray for our family as we get ready for this next step. I am taking it all particularly hard. Knowing that I have to turn my little baby over has become pretty traumatizing for me. I know that it needs to be done. I am also struggling have having to leave the other kids again. Trevor is also having a hard time knowing that I will be leaving. James will also be coming over for the surgery then returning home to work. While there is comfort for Trevor knowing that his dad will be here, he has made several comments about missing me. I think he is worried that it will be a long seperation again.

Most of all please pray for Joshua's health leading up to the operation and pray that he makes a speedy, uncomplicated recovery!

Leah