Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No New News

Well not too much has hapened this last week. I just wanted you to all know that I AM going to keep up on this site! I didn't want anyone to have any doubts! ;)

Joshua had a Dr's Appt with Dr Hardy on Monday. Everything looked really good. He feels that the timing of this surgery is just perfect. Dr Cohen (the surgeon) is actually coming to Missoula tomorrow to have a little meet and greet. (This would usually happen if they wanted a Dr to "send them business". Of course this is not the situation in this case. Like Dr Hardy says, there is no schmoozing him....he sends his heart kids there because of the level care! ) Dr Hardy has asked that I take Joshua in tomorrow afternoon to see Dr Cohen so that he can "see him in his own element". When they do case reviews on him Dr Hardy has to tell them how good he looks because I assume that with this defect he shouldn't look so darn good. Several times Dr Hardy has just shook his head, smiled and said "Leah, kids with HLHS just don't look this good."

It is very hard just looking at him to imagine that he has a broken little heart. I think that is why I chose to post his bath time picture. He looks so good to me, little zipper and everything. :)

We are just so thankful to the Lord for each and everyday that we get to love on him!

Just a few little notes: Watch the Missoulian this Sunday. I received an email saying don't be surprised if you see your son's picture in the paper. :) I guess the ad for his fundraiser will be running a couple times. I have also been contacted by KPAX to do somekind of story on him and the fundraiser. While there is excitment in that, it still feels a little weird to me that there is so much exitement going on around this one special little boy.
Thanks for checking in! :)
Leah