Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's getting closer....






Today Joshua had his weekly appointment with Dr Hardy (his fabulous cardiologist). He presented Joshua's case to the Board of Surgeons at Children's. They all agreed that he should be scheduled soon. His heart function is not what they would like it to be and with his size they feel that it should be done sooner rather than later. The hospital should be calling me in the next day or two to let me know when we need to be in Seattle. Sounds like the end of May.

The G-Tube surgery in Missoula has been cancelled. He will have that surgery after his heart surgery while we are in Seattle.

Joshua is now just a hair under 13 pounds! He is growing so fast. He smiles all the time and in the last couple of days has become VERY familiar with his hands...which he LOVES. He hasn't quite made the connection that he is in control and will get upset when it mysteriously pulls out of his mouth! It is too funny.

Here is a picture of the little kids. I think this is my favorite picture of all time. Shyla and I were playing with all the kids and taking pics. This was captured right after I caught and hollered at Trinity for giving Joshua his first "wet willy"! I am trying to find a website to share the rest of the photos in case anyone wants to sneak out and see the rest. I will keep you posted in that too.
I will keep this up to date so you will all know what is going on and I will keep you all posted as to when we will be heading over to Seattle.


Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good lord! I wish I was there to help ease all your stress. Please call or email at any time if you just need to talk or vent or whatever. I'm here no matter what and I think of you all daily!