Monday, October 13, 2008

And the verdict is in......

The doctor's rounded today. They talked about him in conference. I am happy to be in the ICU and to hear the news from Dr Baden. They are going to start screening Joshua for transplant. They determined that he is not getting any better and they don't feel that there is anything that is going to happen to make his heart better. The regurge has now been classified as severe. Dr Boucek is supposed to come and talk to me today. I don't really know what to expect at this time. I know that this is a lengthy process. I am attaching a link from the Seattle Children's website. (They do say that they do 2-5 transplants a year. I think that this really needs to updated. They perform more than that. I personally know 3 families that have been blessed with transplants this year and I have heard of others. I will ask about the # and let you all know. ) If you have any questions please let me know and if I can't answer I will ask. Please pray that the screening goes smoothly and that we can get him listed.
Blessings,
Leah
http://heart.seattlechildrens.org/our_services/transplant.asp

No comments: