Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday October 6th

Well I just wanted to let you all know that I am back in Seattle. I had a wonderful time at home with James and Trevor, it was very hard to leave!
Joshua looks great. He is retaining some fluid....that is the 1st thing that I noticed. I don't know if he just gained weight while I was gone or if he is holding onto more fluid.
His cath is supposed to happen sometime this week. He has been having fevers still, so I don't know what the plan is exactly. I had a WONDERFUL surprise when this morning Dr Hardy stopped by. Today was his day to be in Seattle. He is going to help get a more consistent level of care so that I don't feel like we are starting over each week. The Dr that followed us here the first time we were here is back from maternity leave and I am really hoping that she will be able to follow Joshua. I really liked her and I appreciated her frank, educational style. Still waiting to hear whether or not she can follow us but I hope that I hear soon. Another thing that we discussed was how important it was to have a plan. His heart function is still pretty poor and his regurge is still moderate. If we need to move forward with a transplant that we should start to get that plan in place.
I also had a visit from the endocrinologist today. They started Joshua on some thyroid medication that he will be on until he stops growing. (With boys does that really happen? :) ) I am glad that I talked to Dr Salerno about that when I did. He is on a small dose to start. They will run another sample in 3 weeks and then we will have to follow up with Dr Randall if we are not here to go to clinic. Wouldn't it be nice if maybe this solved something! :)
Well my friends, it has been a really long day. I will update some more tomorrow.
Leah

No comments: