Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Update

Well Joshua is still in the ICU. I assume that he will be moved tomorrow. Seems there were no beds on the floor. Gives me one more day to recoup! :)

I met with Dr Law. It seems that Joshua's antibody study is done and he is what they refer to as "sensitized". Evidentally he has a really high level of antibodies built up from the cavadar tissue that they used to build up his aortic arch. This really complicates things but I wish I could explain it to you. I will be reading up and gaining knowledge and then I will let you know more. There are plans in place if he is accepted to go forward with the transplant. I will fill you in on the details as I better understand them.
For now please just pray that he remains healthy and strong and that the Dr's are making the best decisions possible for him.
I also am reaching out to you to please pray for us as a family. We need to make some pretty big decisions about where the children will be located while James is in treatment and we are waiting for Joshua's heart. Right now Trevor is living with Grandpa and Grandma but he is really missing me.....probably not NEAR as much as I am missing him. I have thought about moving him here with me and home schooling him but that opens up many other issues too. I hate not having all my children with me together. As a mom you never plan on having your heart in so many places. Each one of them holds a section and I just don't feel complete without all of them by my side. I know that it will happen as it is supposed to but right now I am just having a very hard time.
Please love on your little ones a little extra today. :)
Blessings,
Leah

No comments: