Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Night

Well~I still can't go to the hospital. I am starting to feel better today but the nurse asked that I not come in. :-( I asked the nurse tonight to call the charge and see why I can't come in with a mask for just a little bit so that I can see my baby. It is killing me not being able to see him. It has almost been a week. It was one thing to miss him and know that I was 2 states away....it is another to be a block away.
I hear that he is doing ok. Still on oxygen. They slowed down his oral feeds and started him back on TPN today. His xray this morning showed that he has extra fluid in his lungs.....sounds like the effusion is sneaking back. I guess the plan is to slow down the food and hopefully his body will absorb the extra fluid. (I think...I have not been involved in rounds so I can't say for sure.)
I am very thankful that Meredith is with him tonight. FINALLY a nurse that I know!!! This whole week that I have been out I have spoken to people that I don't know. I don't like the feeling of not knowing who is with my baby. *sigh*
Conference tomorrow....not sure if Joshua is up for discussion or not. Dr B asked to reschedule out transplant meeting until I am better. I will update when I know something. Please pray that I will be able to kick this cold soon and be able to be there with my baby!!
Take care,
Leah

No comments: