Thursday, October 30, 2008

It is official!!

I have in my hot little hand the OFFICIAL TRANSPLANT LISTING paper!! We are now officially "waiting". They will be getting me a pager so when the best possible heart match for him comes available they can reach me. Most likely I will be right around the hospital but this does offer me up some freedom.
I have had people ask where on the list he is. Let me start by saying there are other babies waiting that are in much worse shape and critical need than Joshua. However many factors come into play when they get listed. Joshua is currently the only blood type "O" waiting for a heart in his weight range. Consequently he is #1 on the transplant list based on the sorting factors. There are other babies here that are also listed as #1 but they have different blood types and weights than Joshua. Joshua is basically just listed as #1 in his category. Please do not think that he is #1 because he is in a critical state! Yes, he needs new heart, but he is stable and doing well. PRAISE THE LORD!!
I want to thank Jen, Paul and Gracie for the BEAUTIFUL flowers!! The vase is a pumpkin. :) It is so festive and beautiful. I have been here for several months and have managed to maintain complete composure.....with the exception of the last few days. So Jen and Paul~ your timing could not have been better. You have no idea how much this lifted my spirits! Thank you! :)
I am also excited to tell you all that Chubbs will be coming to stay with me for 2 WHOLE WEEKS! I am SO SO SO excited. We will conclude his stay with his 7th Birthday celebration. I cannot believe that he is 7 already. He is such a little man. I am so blessed to have him in my life. He is so wonderful I can hardly believe it. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trevor said "you're calling me little?"
i love you mom you are the best.

Trevor typed this :)