Thursday, September 11, 2008

Please pray for contamination!

Yes, I know it is an odd request.
The nurses just came in and told me that the lab called and the blood that was drawn yesterday grew bacteria. They are going to pull another sample tonight and send it in to be retested. I was NOT impressed with the lab techs who did the pull yesterday. They poked him several times and to top it all off....after they left, my dad pulled the sharp out of his bed!!! :-( YIKES! That could have been BAD news.
So they will pull another sample and I will be praying that the first one was contaminated! I am not so sure that MY heart can take another set back of this magnitude.
*sigh*

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hi Leah, I know it's been forever since I came on, but i'm glad to see that Joshua has moved to the floor! No wonder I haven't heard much about him from my PICU friends :) I hope you guys continue to do well, and can go home soon! I do miss seeing Joshua's cute little face and chatting with you. Feel free to email anytime - kkochman@gmail.com and i think you may have taken a picture of us a while back? If so, do you mind sending it to me - i would love to have a copy. Thanks, and give him lots of hugs and kisses from me! Take care, talk soon!
Kristina