Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday



Hey Friends,
The cultures came back and it was determined that Joshua has C-Diff. It is basically an overrun of the bad bacteria in his gut. (The good bacteria was killed from the antibiotics for the chest effusion.) So, they started him on more antibiotics to fix that. I am REALLY praying that this little tummy yuck is the cause of the fevers and the retching. Other than that, he seems to be feeling ok. He is talking and smiling with grandpa right now. :)
Dr Salerno is the doctor on rotation this week. He came in yesterday. I really like him too. He has contacted Dr Johnston about the cath. Hopefully it will be sometime this week. When he came in yesterday to meet Joshua he stopped immediately in his tracks and just cracked up. He said he was a real brut and for as long as he has been in the hospital didn't look anything like what he had expected. He really liked him and said he thinks it will be his new favorite patient. I told him to wait until he was awake and smiling to make that decision. I am pretty sure that he will win him over.
We also have a new Sr. Resident starting his rotation this weekend. His first name is Danny.....haven't been told his last name. He will be on for an entire month. He has been really studying Joshua's history. We joked and decided that that his goal this month is to get us out before they switch Sr residents. He is a very nice Dr also. I am feeling good about his care for this week.
Well yesterday dad took me out for my birthday supper to Olive Garden. It was just as great as I wanted it to be....but we were too full for dessert. :) He wasn't so sure that waiting in line for a 1/2 was worth is.....but I do believe he thought that it was, even for pasta.
Today is Trinity's second b-day! :) Hard to believe. I did go get her gifts yesterday and I must admit...it was very fun shopping for girlie pink things! :) We will celebrate her birthday as a family later.
Talk to you all soon.
Love,
Leah
**I took these pictures yesterday after he pulled out his ND tube. We had actually decided that we would not place another one for a while. He took hid medications orally and LOVED them. But about 1/2 later he puked them all up so another ND tube it is. We will probably make changes when he is feeling a little better.

No comments: