Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Afternoon

Well, the week went fast. We were moved again to a private room and Joshua was placed on contact isolation. He spiked a temp so they took samples (urine, stool and chest fluid) and moved us. The preliminary result shows that he has a staph infection in the fluid around his lungs. This comes as no surprise to me based on the issues that I had seen with the drain. There was major leakage and I say....if something is coming out....something that get in! I had noticed that the fluid changed color and was told he would be VERY sick if that fluid was infected. My mommy instinct was correct. Today it was confirmed, infection. So hopefully they will get the resistance results soon and start him on an antibiotic before he gets too much sicker.
He has slept a lot the last 24 hours but prior to that we had some awake time. He even smiled and let out a little giggle when we were playing with him. We would LOVE to see some more of that soon.
My dad and the girls arrived. It has been really nice to see them. Trinity has really changed (or matured I should say) this summer. I am glad to report that she is still Nana's girl. :) And now that she talks....well she doesn't shut up! I LOVE IT!
She reports that she will be going home to Nana's when "Josh-a gets go back".

No comments: