Monday, September 15, 2008

A week already!

Wow....again.....I am sorry that I was neglectful in updating. Time just gets away from me sometimes.

Let's see, where to start. Joshua is doing pretty well. No major changes one way or the other. We have stopped feeding him and now he is getting all his nutrition from TPN and Lipids again through his IV. The idea was that this would stop the leaking chest tube. Well it didn't really work. Maybe a little but we are not certain. I am so happy that Dr Chun is back on this week. He has really reviewed Joshua's data in the past and I feel knows him well. He came in and talked with me at great length today. I didn't feel that he was rushing to get away from me but rather working with me to see if we could come up with some ideas. It was so nice. He will be on service all week. :) He is going to see about the cath for the end of this week or early next week.
The blood sample WAS CONTAMINATED! Thank the Lord for that miracle!! :) His UTI was also dismissed as contaminated. He will finish the round of antibiotics to cure up the chest infection. He seems to be feeling much better. He is high 5'ing and blowing kisses like crazy!!

Betsy, one his his nurses from the ICU, came up to visist tonight and caught him awake. He was SO happy to see her. It was awesome. He was so full of smiles and giggles. He played with her for an entire hour and then decided that he was all tuckered out. I am hoping that he will sleep all night tonight. I really need the rest. He was not happy this morning. He went to x-ray at 5:30 am and that is when I finally fell asleep.

Little family update. The girls are in Aberdeen with Tammy for a bit. They got to go to the races on Saturday night. Sounds like they had a blast! We will all be getting together tomorrow to go to Safeco Field to enjoy a concert. We are going to see The BEACH BOYS! I know, I know, a little "old school" as the girls say but one of my favorites....come on, they helped define Rock and Roll!! :-) I am so ready to go enjoy something fun.

The newest news, as some of you may have already heard. Dad and I were coming back from supper last night at 9 pm. Lost my transmission! UGH. With James' help I remembered that I had towing as part of my insurance. I called them at 9:05pm. Tow truck, a flat bed, as I was reassured was on the way. Well....FOUR hours later a tow truck arrived. Not a flat bed and not really equipped to take 2 passengers. They had NO clue what they were doing and I was pretty irritated. Being married to a tow truck driver you learn a thing or two. I was not going to agree to them pulling out my drive line. They couldn't understand why my battery was dead! You know sitting on the edge of the road in Seattle for FOUR hours with your flashers on can certainly kill a battery. So it was a real hassle to get loaded. An hour it took to hook up and go less than 2 miles. Trevor, my 7 year old, could have hooked that baby up MUCH faster. And don't think I am kidding....he could of! ;-)

So needless to say we finally got it back to the house at about 2:15 am. I feel EXTREMELY BLESSED that I purchased a premium warranty with no deductible when I purchased the truck. Who would have guessed that I would have actually used it! I never did use the one I purchased on my van. The savings in this alone will well pay for both warrenties! I contacted a Chevy dealer in Lake City (Bill Pierre Chevy) and they are helping me with EVERYTHING! They came and towed it, are setting me up with a rental, and helping make sure everything is handled as soon as they can. Randy is the service guy and I can't tell you how happy I was to talk to him. Oh, and I don't want to forget to tell you that to top all this off.....the tow truck driver backed into my car. So now....it will also be going to the body shop. *sigh*

Talk to you all soon!
Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah, I am a friend of Darla's and just wanted to let you know that since she sent me the link at the beginning I have been checking on your family everyday and praying for you all. I get excited for you all when things are looking up and feel your pain and frustration when they are not. You are a woman of great strength and your family is very lucky to have someone so special. Your Joshua is obviously a great fighter and knows that there is more out there in this big world for him as GOD also knows that and even though the road is long and extremely bumpy at times there is a purpose for this journey, though you may not know what it is right now there is one. Just keep up your faith and your wonderous strength. I know you have many supporters.