Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday

Today all the Dr's rounded. Dr B will be coming on service for Dr Law. I hope that he is still around. He has been so instrumental in all of this that I don't know if I can handle not seeing him daily! He has been the Dr that has gotten me, not just Joshua, BUT ME through all of this!

I don't know if he knows how AMAZING he is. He is a very humble man but just about as smart as they come. His intelligence and concern for his patients is breathtaking.

Our little Joshua is doing good. The oxygenator on the ECMO pump is going out again. The manufacturer says it has roughly a 4 hour life. 4 hours!! I think that company needs a little QI.

They will change that today and start to trial him off ECMO tonight. Today will mainly be getting extra fluid off of him and getting his ventilator setting lower.

He has been awake today off and on. He did wake up and stretch and when he saw me he had a big smile! It was awesome. I took this picture to share with you. After this picture and the flash went off Joshua of course hammed it up with another big smile. I wasn't able to capture that one though.

1 comment:

Lindsay Dean said...

This does all of our hearts good! Praying that the trial off ECMO goes well. Keeping close to our hearts......
Suzie and Lindsay