Friday, January 9, 2009

January 8th

Just a quick little note to let you know that Joshua is doing really well. He has had just about the best week he has had in MONTHS! I have been busy loving him up and working. I will try and keep this updated but in the next several weeks lets go off the no news is good news theory!We have been working on trying to re-introduce food. We have discovered over the last few days that it is not the food (Applesauce) that he so much minds it is the fact that he is PETRIFIED of the spoon!! We had been feeding him with a little marroon spoon. He SCREAMS! James had the idea of letting him play with the spoon. I pulled it out while we were on the phone and as soon as he saw what it was he started screaming and threw it. So....what is a mom to do. I decided that maybe we should use a white spoon and try to outwit him. Karen with OT/PT one upped that idea. She decided that I should eat too. So she put some yogurt in a cup for me and applesauce in Joshua's with the hope that he wouldn't realize they were different. :) (He is really smart for one!) So all prepared we showed him the white spoon. He fussed and threw it on the floor. I decided that I would take a bite to show him that it was not that bad. As I was bringing the spoon to my mouth he got a very scared look...tensed up...and KNOCKED the spoon out of my hand. The look of releif on his face, a look of self pride for protecting him mother BUSTED me and Karen right up! So needless to say he didn't wretch when we gave him food today but he still screamed when we tried to get it in his mouth. We have been distracting him with toys but that can't last forever. Tomorrow I may try and just dip my finger in it and get him to taste it. That is our goal....just for him to get tastes. We shall see how it goes.
Dr Law came in quickly tonight to tell me that his blood results came back and his PRA's are still really high. They will test them again in a month. I will get clarification tomorrow but I don't think that his body will be ready to accept a heart until they come down. Unless it was a super close match...the odds of that are not too good. Looks like we could be hanging out longer than hoped.

I hope that all of you are doing good and enjoying 2009.
Blessings,
Leah

Talking to Grandma Julie

AHH Brothers! :)

No comments: