Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday

Joshua has had a wonderful day. Sorry for not posting sooner. He came out of surgery and off ECMO without a hitch. He did come back with his chest still open but sporting a smaller patch. Dr McMullan also removed one drain tube but inserted to RA lines. So he is actually only down one tube. His numbers have been great all day. He isn't down as much fluid wise as we would have liked to seen but he is making some head way.
After he came back and was all settled in I took the liberty of taking a much needed nap. My mom woke me up to tell me that Joshua was wide awake and the anaesthesia had wore off. I was welcomed with a nice big smile. He has been trying really hard to talk (babble) to me but the the ventilator inhibits that. He doesn't quite understand....he tried and usually ends up in a fit of coughing. His lungs sound much clearer today than yesterday. After I made sure he was all settled in, I went with my mom and Trevor to go eat and hung out. Trevor and I played Rock band for a bit, had some ice cream and then I headed back to the hospital. Brooke took care of him last night and has him again tonight. :)
My mom, dad and Trevor headed back to Missoula early this morning. They made it safely there this afternoon.
Joshua has been having a real nice day today. He helped Tess administer a little chest PT. Loved hanging out with Ingrid and having her clean his mouth and play and explore things as she worked. And of course Brooke is here tonight taking care of him so he will love on her. He was smiling and playing with her earlier before she left this morning too. I am glad that he is feeling well enough to soak up the attention that he has come to love.
He has a sore on his leg that looks like a pussy blister maybe from the the Foley rubbing on his leg. He has a fever tonight so they are pulling all samples for cultures. Other than those things he is rocking! Pictures tomorrow.
Blessings,
Leah

3 comments:

The Hands said...

So excited to hear of the progress. We are praying for smooth sailing the rest of the way! You go Kid!

Mimi said...

Oh yay, yay, yay!!

I am so glad he is doing sooo good. so, how did I live there for so long and never hear the name Dr. Mcmullen? Crazy! I long ingrid- she's fabulous.

I am so happy that he is off echmo- can't wait to see him extubated!!!

Good work Joshua- We'll keep praying!

Oh, and Dr. Law is rad- he is such a great guy- very very concerned for the patients.

Mimi and Mia

Lindsay Dean said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy for all of you and will continue to pray that the cultures come back just fine. I am so happy that your son was given this wonderful gift of life. Keeping you close,
Suzie