Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday afternoon

Hello friends,

So....today has been pretty good and Joshua is doing alright. He has a "dream team" with Becky and Maree by his side so I am feeling pretty good too. It is nice to be among friends up here and there is a comfort in knowing that each of these awesome people really CARE about Joshua and have only his best interests at heart. He has charmed and shared his unconditional love with many and it has been reciprocated.

He did have an echo today and I am still waiting for those results. I talked to Dr Law at length regarding his antibodies and they just don't feel that is what is causing the issues. Everything about Joshua's (and what they can tell from the donor's) antibodies seem to be fine. The comment was even made that it is like they were twins. A miracle indeed.

I want to thank you all for checking up on him. I do have some pictures that I am going to post. They are graphic and I am sure that some of you would rather not see him like this. I cannot say that I am much different. My intentions with the creation of this blog were to keep those of you who wanted to know what was going on with Joshua, easily in the loop. It has evolved into much more than that. This has become, in a way, the documentation of the journey that we have been on in the last several months. Someday, I will be sitting with Joshua by my side, explaining to him all the MOUNTAINS that he endured and I don't want to miss any of the details or loose sight of all the miracles that surrounded him.
With love,
Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't apologize girl for anything. I think it is called reality!!! I appreciate your updates, and yes you will someday sit with Joshua and show him this journey that God has taken so many of us on. God is on the Mountain. Thank you Jesus again for these Drs., nurses, hospital, DONORS, and medicine. And thank you for Leah, and giving her strength to endure. Now go get some chocolate and a coffee. BY FAITH....Dianna K.