Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Update

Joshua is still up in the ICU. We were moved to the Bridge yesterday. We were in the 1st bed in the PICU....we could NOT have been any further from the CICU and still have been in the Unit. They moved us yesterday so we would be a little closer to the Cardiac Unit.
We are sharing a room with a little gal that is 6. She wants nothing more than to eat or drink something......anything!! Please pray that she can get healed up and get something in her belly. Oh and I must also mention that when they did rounds today they couldn't figure out why Joshua would just start bawling....Then stop and smile. Well it didn't take too long to figure out that we have a little sympathy crier! Every time the neighbor starts crying....so does Joshua! I have to laugh as I find it quite amusing. Dr Law was so puzzled as to what could be bothering him. :) The timing was great. They were cracking jokes about him being a sensitive boyfriend and Dr Law didn't see how crying on your first date was very good boyfriend material!! We all enjoyed a good and much needed laugh.
Joshua did have another echo today. I don't know what the results are yet. It sounds like he is going to have to go to the Cath Lab again real soon. Dr Law is going to consult with Dr Johnston and get back to me. Something about his double Glenns, flow and effusions. I need more clarification as I couldn't hear a word over all the noise in our room. It sounds like they want to go in and coil something off. ???? I will update as I know what the heck I am talking about! :)
Oh....one last thing. God provided Seattle with some much needed sunshine the last couple days!! Boy that can really help put the blahs at bay!
Blessings,
Leah

No comments: