Tuesday, January 27, 2009

UGH

I can tell it is going to be a long night. :-(
Joshua has remained febrile all day. His white blood count is higher than it was and his lactate is 3.2 up from 1.72 earlier today. He is visibly uncomfortable and has been "crying" a lot tonight. They have cultured everything and started him on Zosyn and Vancomycin. They are not feeling confident in chalking it all up to some kind of infection. They have also ordered stat chest films and an ECHO. *sigh*
His culture from earlier showed that it is not RSV, but that is all we have back. Please keep this little guy in your prayers. He is feeling pretty crummy tonight. :-(

3 comments:

Katie said...

Just wanted to let you know we're praying for Joshua! Angie has kept us updated on Josh for a while now and we remember seeing you back in July while our daughter had her Glenn at Children's. I've thought of you often this year and wish I would have come and introduced myself when we were there-

We're so happy that Joshua got his heart and that the match was so ideal! Dr. McMullan has been Maddie's surgeon for her 2 surgeries, we just love him. Praying for your darling boy and that he can get passed these little hurdles quickly.

Sending lots of prayers your way...
In His Love,
Katie & Maddie (HRHS)
http://allredbabygirl.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I also wanted to add that I LOVE the song on your blog and it's been one that has always made me cry when I've heard it. What a perfect way of sharing your feelings and journey with us all. Hang in there!
Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

My name is De...a mom of 5 in rural Alaska--a friend of Natalie and Angie. You and Joshua are in my prayers these past few days, and I am up agonizing and praying with you tonight as your son struggles through this valley.

My "heart baby" is 14 yrs old now. You are the first person to give me a "up close" look at what has always loomed as a distant possibility. Thank you for sharing your journey here and for your courage. May God grant you strength and wisdom for each moment.

Your song, which I've never heard before, pierces me. My oldest son read Psalms 102 to me this morning. I pass it on to you as an extension of that song.

"Hear my prayer, O LORD! And let my cry for help come to You. Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my distress..."