Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pictures

Snuggles with mom after we found out he was offered a heart! (This is his "new" favorite position...of course I need to be standing :) )This was taken after Joshua went to the cath lab. He came out on the ventilator and ready for his new heart. (You will notice that they forgot something when they returned him.....HIS DIAPER!)This is his big debut after he received his new angel heart. His perfect color was a shock to me. The whole thing has been a shock to me..... This is today. Yesterday he was positive 1825 cc's. We estimate that he has gained roughly 3 kilo's or 6.5 - 7 pounds in the last 24 hours. (He has gained about 1/3 of himself.) His weight before transplant was 9.45 kilos or 20.8 pounds..... Joshua's chest remained open after his trip to the OR last night. He has a rubber patch over his heart. Two of the lines that you see bring blood in and blood out of his body and to the ECMO machine. He has 4 chest tubes that are draining and the one on the far right is his G-J Tube.
It is really hard to do the ECMO machine "justice", but here is a picture to you can get somewhat of an idea. The blood comes out and goes through this machine where it is oxygenated and returned to him.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry but at least he is doing good and hopefully he will be off in a couple of days or a week. we love you guys. and will keep an eye on hime too since he right next door :).

with love the wilson family

The Hands said...

Wow, look at those red lips! Beautiful! (Guess that compliment could only come from the parent of another "blue baby".)

Joshua said...

Oh Joshua...you have had so many visitors! You are so loved. I don't even think that I can list all of them but the ones that made special trips to see you in the last couple days were: Betsy, Emily, Jessica, Kaitlin, Kaitlin, Kara, Keren, Lindsey, Les, ....Oh I am sure that I didn't get them all. Many MANY people peek in on you all the time. I can't wait until you can smile at them. Love mommy

Mimi said...

OH My GOOODNESS!! I don't know if you remember me, but we visited up in the FRC at childrens. I came to visit you on the floor, but didn't find you guys. I got the link from Jamie's page-

WOW! So many emotions. He is a cutie pie!

My heart is racing just knowing what your going through.

BIG HUGS FROM ME AND MIA!!


I will be glued to your blog so please update!!!

BBH said...

Joshua,
You look wonderful! The picture of you snuggling with mom after you received the good news looks as though you knew what that meant and that mommy needed some lovin.

Cindy