Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Wow. I can't believe that it is 2009. What a year 2008 was!
Joshua is starting to perk up. When I went in to see him yesterday he was smiling and blowing me kisses!! That was so nice to see. He still has a little diarrhea and his electrolytes are still a little out of whack but much better than where they were. Last night he fell asleep in my lap. At almost a year old this should be a daily occurrence! Joshua and I have only had that pleasure a couple times in the last several months. I hated to put him down.
He is back out on the floor now. He moved down Wednesday Night. He is in room 4014.
I am glad that he is out on the floor now but I have to say I REALLY enjoyed touching base with everyone, especially Brooke and Betsy! :)
Trevor is feeling better too. He hasn't coughed at all in several days. He still can't hear too well but I assume that will get better with the antibiotic course. (I hope!) He is so sensitive that he gets hurt feelings when I raise my voice but if I don't he can't hear me.
It is hard for me to believe that the two weeks with the kids is almost up. It wasn't too fun this last week sitting in isolation. UGH. Hopefully they will remember more than just being bored while they were here.
Well I hope that all of you are having a nice start to 2009. (Darla, my friend, I hope that you are hanging in there. Know we are praying for your family and your grandmother.)
Blessings,
Leah

1 comment:

BBH said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! It's hard to believe Joshua is almost 1 year old.

I am so glad you were able to spend time with the kids there! Even though Trevor was feeling well, I'm sure he is glad to be with his mommy!

Here's wishing everything good to the Garrison/Garfield family in 2009!
Cindy