Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Short Wednesday Update

Joshua hasn't had a very good day....and consequently either has his mommy.
He is on full vent support and is still struggling to get good air into his lungs. The hope is that the infection is peaking. The doctors have all been very close the last couple of days. They are talking about doing an esophageal balloon so see what the actual pressures inside his body are to make sure they are not over inflating his lungs. His lactate was up to 4.9 today but now it is down to 2.8. He did get some blood today and continues on his antibiotics. We did have to Vec him because he was moving and the doctors felt they could get a better idea of the issues if they took him out of the picture and just focused on his body! :) He wants to move and watch and then his #'s get wacky. He hasn't tolerated much the last couple days...he has been straight up crabby. Michael felt very bad having to Vec him so he made sure he was sedated and asleep nice and comfy before he did it. He has a nice tight grip on his blanky!
They did another ECHO and Dr. B is looking at it. Lung xray looks worse today than it did yesterday. He is very swollen from fluid seepage, peeing very little and now his tummy is pretty distended.
Please pray that Joshua remains strong as is able to get past all of this without any further damage to his organs. I could use a prayer for strength! I have been pretty emotionally drained the last couple days. I feel like the pressures of the year are starting to weigh down on me.
Oh~family update also. My mother in law Betty was hospitalized yesterday. I believe it was because of her blood pressure but I haven't been able to get specifics yet. Please pray for her that she get better and can get some rest while she is there and please keep Grandpa Ray in your prayers too. I know that this has been a hard time for him as well.

6 comments:

Jen, Paul and Gracie said...

Leah,
You and Joshua continue to be in our thoughts daily. Hang in there. You are an amazing mother to little Joshua and such a strong person.
Jen, Gracie's mom

Amanda Groulx said...

He looks like a strong baby. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there .

Love,
Amanda Groulx
(Suzie's friend)

Anonymous said...

well, you are being prayed for. I have tried to pass on the info. We pray that God would pour out strength on Joshua and his Mommy, Leah. I pray God gives you a real sense of Peace.....

BY FAITH,
Dianna

Anonymous said...

We will say an extra prayer. I have my biblestudy praying too.
Thankyou so much for taking your valuable time to post here. You are in our prayers.
Lois

Lindsay Dean said...

Praying for sanity for a fellow heart mom. Praying that God has his hands on Joshua and in a few days, fluid will be lower, infection will be gone, and he will be smiling and playing as he was before. Keep strong Leah and praying...praying....praying.
Blessings~
Suzie

Mimi said...

Oh Leah,

I am soo sorry!! What you are doing right now is the most difficult thing. You can do it!

I am praying for sweet Joshua- he is a strong little boy! I remember seeing him playing in that exersaucer in the ICU- he is strong.